This season of The Blackened Mirror is going to be extraordinary. If you liked last year’s story, this one will blow your mind. Everything is being elevated; the scripts, the production values and the expanded audience.
We need you to help make this work!
A vital part of the atmosphere, and the ability to lend credibility to any film, is the presence of characters providing background, veracity and texture. They’re known as “extras”, but they’re essential.
We have created an open group inworld, Blackened Mirror Extras Green Room. If you’re interested in being a part of something magical, please join!
We’ll post notices of the various people we need and when, we’ll give you specifics on wardrobe and timing. We’ll provide support, if you need it, to ensure that you have exactly the right look.
This is how it will work:
- The requirement will be posted in a notice. We are working to source free wardrobes for each character – so, we’re not asking you to spend money.
- If you are interested, and will be available, contact Honour McMillan so she has you on her list.
- If you have issues or a scheduling problem, just let Honour know so that she can make adjustments.
- On the filming date there will be a “call” – this means a specific time you will be expected to arrive at the staging area. We’ll finalize any wardrobe components (if a special skin is necessary for example), help you with adjustments if needed, and explain in detail what and how you are needed in the filming.
- We’ll all move to the set and create movie magic.
- Instructions and updates will be given in local chat during the filming.
I want to be completely honest with you. There is a dark side to this work. Being an “extra” is one of the hardest jobs on any film set. You might think I’m kidding, unless you have my memories of; standing in temperatures hovering around zero degrees, in a slushy storm, with my feet in freezing water, with far too few clothing layers, waiting while the stars lazed around in their trailers and the technical team set up the lighting. Then, after an hour of misery, we had to look excited and enthusiastic for the camera.
The virtual world eliminates many of the hardships, but there are still some things you should be prepared to experience. There is often a lot of waiting around – without knowing exactly why. You won’t be able to hear the Production Team dealing with a technical issue or debating some aspect of a camera angle. We will be working very hard to make sure that the schedule is followed as closely as possible. If we say we need you for two hours – that’s what we’re trying to achieve. Stuff happens though – you may be asked to stand there while things totally beyond your control are sorted out.
If I haven’t scared you off then please add Blackened Mirror Extras Green Room to your group list. I promise you’ll be able to share the results with your friends and family and point to your name in the credits. Be part of something wonderful and help us make it the best it can be!
Also – don’t forget to check out our new Job Opportunities Page. You might find your perfect fit there!