On February 22nd I wrote about the situation involving Second Life creator Elicio Ember and his family, and so did Inara Pey. In short, Elicio’s father has suffered a major stroke, and the family is struggling to meet medical costs associated with his treatment.
Since then various groups of people have been putting together ideas, and we’re pleased to announce that we now have THREE ways in which people can and will be able to help Elicio and his family.
Filling the Cauldron is a week-long in-world event to be hosted at Holly Kai Park on the beautiful Blake Sea.
Saturday, April 1st through Sunday April 9th, inclusive.
- Live music and DJ performances at the park’s main events venue
- An art display inspired by Elicio’s work
- A silent auction
- A special Design a Garden contest with a very special prize
- A photo contest with special prizes
- A market area
- Cerridwen’s Corner – a mini-store of Elicio’s creations, allowing you to buy his items and visit his main store.
Website and Information
The Filling the Cauldron website, dedicated to the event, is now up and running – please bookmark it! There will also be further updates through this blog, Prim Perfect and other blogs – so keep your eyes out for news!
Right now we’re looking for people to get involved, including:
- Musicians, DJs and performers willing to give up one or two hours of their time to perform on stage and help raise money for Elicio. Please see the Filling the Cauldron Entertainment Applications page for more details
- Artists wishing to participate in our Art Show
- Artists and creators willing to donate to our Auction
- Merchants wishing to be a part of our marketplace and gacha
- Volunteers willing to help run the event during the week
PLUS we’re also seeking artists and designers to participate in our Design A Garden Contest.
So if you are interested in any of the above, please follow the links and sign-up. And if you’d like to attend, make sure you bookmark / follow Filling The Cauldron to keep up-to-date with all that is going on. Bloggers, we’ll have information on blogging the event available through the Filling the Cauldron blog very soon!
Available now is a special GoFundMe campaign organised by Vecchio Barbosa (Felix Büchler in RL), which is raising money to help Elicio and his family through physical world donations.
The campaign has Elicio’s full support and endorsement, as he is unable to run a campaign himself from Mexico.
If you would like to donate to help Elicio RIGHT NOW, please visit the GoFundMe page. You can also reach it via a link on the Filling The Cauldron website.
Ember’s Cauldron Shopping Event
Ember’s Cauldron is a shopping event which will run for a month between March 16th through April 16th. Organised by Lerochelle Destiny, it is a store-based event in which people visiting participating stores can purchase special items in the knowledge that 100% of proceeds from the sale are going to Elicio and his family.
We will be supporting Ember’s Cauldron via the Filling the Cauldron website, where you will soon be able to see a list of all participating stores complete with SLurls.
If you are a creator / store owner and would like to participate in Ember’s Cauldron, please visit their sign-up page. Please note than all enquiries on Ember’s Cauldron should be directed to Lerochelle Destiny.